We are looking for strong author teams with a mixture of clinical, methodological and statistical expertise to take on new titles or take over the update of existing reviews. We also require that two authors in the team have published at least two Cochrane reviews. It is crucial that teams include the aforementioned levels of expertise. For example, if a given review involves cardiac surgery, at least one cardiac surgeon needs to be involved. If a review is about intervention cardiology, a cardiologist with that particular sub-specialty should take an active role as author. Involvement of patients (and their carers) with the condition assessed in the review is also desirable - in the protocol design, plain language summary and interpretation/implications of results.
Please complete the review proposal form for new titles or the update form, including details for new authors, or changes for existing reviews. The expectations as outlined in the editorial processes do apply.
- Interrupted versus uninterrupted anticoagulation for percutaneous interventions for patients with coronary artery disease and structural heart disease (new title) - proposal submission extended to 30 April 2019
- Fasting for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (new title; focus on cardiovascular specific outcomes) - proposal submission closes 30 April 2019
- Drugs and pacemakers for vasovagal, carotid sinus and situational syncope (update) - proposal submission closes 30 April 2019
- Coronary artery bypass surgery versus medical therapy alone for ischaemic heart disease (new title) - proposal submission closes 30 April 2019
- Coenzyme Q10 for heart failure (update, one original author is interested to join the new team) - proposal closes 30 April 2019
- Pharmacological Interventions for the prevention and treatment of aortic root and heart valve disease (new title) - proposal submission closes 30 April 2019
We will collate proposals for each of the above listed after the submission has closed and review them during the following month. If we have not found a suitable author team, we will continue to advertise.
The advertisement of a vacant title is not a guarantee for the title being accepted.
In March 2019 we accepted author teams for the following titles which is therefore no longer available:
- Effects of a gluten-free diet on cardiovascular outcomes (new title)
- Interrupted versus uninterrupted anticoagulation for percutaneous interventions for patients with arrhythmias (new title)
In February 2019 we accepted an author team for the following title which is therefore no longer available:
- Transvenous versus sub-cutaneous implantable cardiac defibrillators for people at risk of sudden cardiac death (new title)
In October 2018 we accepted applications from author teams for the following titles which are therefore no longer availabe:
- Anti-diabetic agents (DPP4, GLP-1RA and SGLT2i) for cardiovascular outcomes (new title)
- Neprilysin inhibitors for patients with heart failure (new title)