The Cochrane Heart Group Satellite United States (US) was launched in September 2013 to develop capacity, collaboration and training in systematic reviews and enhance the impact of the CHG and the Cochrane Collaboration.
- Support the prevention, management and treatment of cardiovascular disease through excellence and leadership in research, education, and knowledge transfer through the development and dissemination of high-quality systematic reviews.
- Support existing US-based review authors to prepare and update their Cochrane reviews.
- Train and support a cadre of new review authors in the methods of the Cochrane Collaboration in collaboration with the US Cochrane to increase the output of the Cochrane Heart Group.
- Advocate evidence-based practice, particularly via utilization of Cochrane reviews, for cardiovascular clinical practice guidelines in the US and worldwide.
- Mark Huffman, Satellite Coordinating Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abigail Baldridge, Editorial Assistant (email@example.com)
- Mark Berendsen, Trials Search Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kay Dickersin, US Cochrane Center (director) and Johns Hopkins University
- Larry Hedges, Northwestern University
- Donald Lloyd-Jones, Northwestern University
- Bonnie Spring, Northwestern University
- William Cayley, University of Wisconsin, Cochrane Heart Group Editor
- William Hood, University of Washington, Cochrane Heart Group Editor
- Rose Marie Robertson, American Heart Association
Major Contributions to the Following reviews:
- Promoting patient uptake and adherence in cardiac rehabilitation
- Implantable defibrillators versus antiarrhythmic drugs for left ventricular dysfunction
- Fixed-dose combination therapy for the prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Statin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Reduced dietary salt for the prevention of cardiovascular disease
We are based at Department of Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, United States
Find us on twitter @CochraneHeartNU