A number of our reviews are cited in guidelines and have made significant impact upon policy making. These range from NICE, in the UK, to WHO, globally.
Kirklin JK, Pagani FD, Goldstein DJ, John R, Rogers JG, Atluri P, Arabia FA, Cheung A, Holman W, Hoopes C, Jeevanandam V, John R, Jorde UP, Milano CA, Moazami N, Naka Y, Netuka I, Pagani FD, Pamboukian SV, Pinney S, Rogers JG, Selzman CH, Silverstry S, Slaughter M, Stulak J, Teuteberg J, Vierecke J, Schueler S, D'Alessandro DA. American Association for Thoracic Surgery/International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation guidelines on selected topics in mechanical circulatory support. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2020 Mar;39(3):187-219.
Eight of our reviews have contributed to the latest recommendations by the ESC on the management of chronic coronary syndromes: 2019 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of chronic coronary syndromes: The Task Force for the diagnosis and management of chronic coronary syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
- Barth J, Jacob T, Daha I, Critchley JA. Psychosocial interventions for smoking cessation in patients with coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015;7:CD006886.
- Anderson L, Thompson DR, Oldridge N, Zwisler AD, Rees K, Martin N, Taylor RS. Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation for coronary heart disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016;1:CD001800.
- Baumeister H, Hutter N, Bengel J. Psychological and pharmacological interventions for depression in patients with coronary artery disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011;9:CD008012.
- Briones E, Lacalle JR, Marin‐Leon I, Rueda JR. Transmyocardial laser revascularization versus medical therapy for refractory angina. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD003712.
- Clar C, Oseni Z, Flowers N, Keshtkar-Jahromi M, Rees K. Influenza vaccines for preventing cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015;5:CD005050.
- Faris RF, Flather M, Purcell H, Poole‐Wilson PA, Coats AJS. Diuretics for heart failure. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD003838.
- Salazar CA, Basilio Flores JE, Veramendi Espinoza LE, Mejia Dolores JW, Rey Rodriguez DE, Loza Munarriz C. Ranolazine for stable angina pectoris. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2017;2:CD011747.
- Schmidt AF, Pearce LS, Wilkins JT, Overington JP, Hingorani AD, Casas JP. PCSK9 monoclonal antibodies for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2017, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD011748.
National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care; National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (commissioner). Identification and management of familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH). London: Royal College of General Practitioners. [Updated November 2017. (NICE CG71).
Baumgartner H, Falk V, Bax JJ, De Bonis M, Hamm C, Holm PJ, et al.; European Society of Cardiology (ESC); European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). 2017 ESC/EACTS Guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease. European Heart Journal. 2017 September;38(36):2739–2791. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehx391.
National Clinical Guidelines Centre, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (commissioner). Lipid modification: cardiovascular risk assessment and the modification of blood lipids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. London: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; 2014 (NICE CG181). [Issued July 2014, updated September 2016].
Anderson TJ, Grégoire J, Pearson GJ, Barry AR, Couture P, Dawes M, et al. 2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult. Can J Cardiol. 2016 doi: 10.1016/j.cjca.2016.07.510.